[rescue] Oracle kills Solaris

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Fri Sep 8 00:57:41 CDT 2017

> AFAIK if you are on sun4v and want Open Source you are
> limited to OpenBSD or NetBSD.  The FreeBSD support was
> never completed.  After investigating I think it would
> take at least 2 months to complete.

And Linux, of course - I am running Linux on most of my sun4v's.

Oracles own distribution allows to run Linux as LDOM host, some of the
vdc patches have been submitted to mainline, some not yet, and the
userspace software not yet - althou they had plans for that.

The state of sparclinux support from Oracle remains to be seen - in
recent year, quite a number of Oracle developers have contributed, but I
do not know the current state - but hope fo the best.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)