[rescue] [SunHELP] [geeks] My medical expenses GoFundMe

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Sep 7 02:17:57 CDT 2017

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, sent kind words, etc.

We're just past the half-way point to the total goal, but
contributions seem to have tapered off as folks redirect their
charity (of course) towards victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Speaking of the hurricane - I live in Houston, and very fortunately
made it through with no real problems.  Didn't flood (the water
only came about 5' up my driveway), never completely lost power,
and the only real inconvenience I had was losing home Internet for
3-4 days intermittently (which sucks when you're trying to work from
home).  I have coworkers and friends, however, who lost cars, had
flood damage to their homes, or even lost everything they owned. :(

My employer let us work from home as when possible (the office building was
closed until last Friday anyway), paid everyone their normal amount regardless
of their ability to work during the disaster, and even gave everyone a
"disaster recovery" bonus.

In any case, even getting halfway to the goal is a lot more than I ever
expected to raise, and the kind words and thoughts I've received have really
warmed my heart and made all the effort I've put into this site and mailing
lists over the past twenty years (!!!) really worth it.

I had an appointment with a pulmonologist on Tuesday the 29th to get
cleared for my cancer surgery, but the storm prevented that.. so now
my "clearance" appointment is September 21st, and it looks like my
surgery will be the first week or two of October.

Again, thank you.

Bill (SunHELP owner/editor/janitor/bit wrangler)

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas USA