[rescue] Oracle kills Solaris

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 07:40:27 CDT 2017

      It is a shame. I used netbsd and then sunos 4.1.4 and
MacOS-something before I ever touched a Windows machine. First windows
machine I owned was a PC card in an Amiga2000. Next one was yet
another PC card but in a Sun Ultra30 running Solaris 9, which was then
replaced with a Ultra60 running Solaris 10. I still like solaris as an
OS and sparc as a CPU (much more elegant than Intel), but refused to
do business with Oracle.

I wonder which fork can run on sparc hardware; everything I saw
focused on intel.