[rescue] Sun V240

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Wed Nov 1 10:50:50 CDT 2017

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 11:42:17AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On 11/01/2017 06:01 AM, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> > FYI, using SunSSH, which is the only ssh that ships with Solaris 10uXX,
> > I do very well using the denyhost application.
> >
> > Solaris 11 ships with both SunSSH and OpenSSH, its an either/or
> > situation.B  FYI, if you do choose to use denyhost, it (denyhost) works
> > with TCP wrappers.B  You are probably already aware, but OpenSSH no
> > longer supports TCP Wrappers.
>
>   What...?!  Why did they remove support for TCP Wrappers?  I depend on
> OpenSSH supporting TCP Wrappers on several networks.  WTF?!

OpenSSH version 6.7 changelog

http://www.openssh.com/txt/release-6.7

 * sshd(8): Support for tcpwrappers/libwrap has been removed.

They've also removed protocol 1 support altogether by now, several old
key exchanges (DH1), keytypes (eg. DSS), etc. It's getting hard to
maintain old boxes over SSH sometimes.

Since linux boxes pretty much need to be firewalled off from the world
to protect themselves from self-destruction now-a-days, I think people
figure that a firewall is in use for all systems.