[rescue] Wanted: VT1xx power switch

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Sat May 20 21:35:36 CDT 2017

Just at the end of cleaning up a VT180 (minus the disk drives) and the
plastic barrel that holds the power switch to the power board with a ring
nut has broken off.

This leaves the power switch kind of dangling, and the switch mechanism
fairly loose.

The switch is a black plastic toggle switch, and it had 4 spade
connections on it. I can provide a picture if necessary. I could not find
any part number or other markings on the switch.

If you have a spare from an organ donor terminal, or a line on a current
replacement, I'd appreciate it. I have all the broken pieces, but it
seems unlikely I could glue it back together and expect it to work or to
last.
If you have an actual DEC VT100/VT102 badge I'd love one to change out
the VT180 badge that's on there....

--

The backstory - there was a listing locally for "vintage equipment" and I
spied what looked like a VT100 w/keyboard. I went to pick it up, and

I doubt I'll ever use the Z80 board - I may post it up for sale, since
all I really wanted was the terminal. If anyone wants the board, let me
know. It seems I can remove it and revert to a "terminal only" config
without issue.
Thanks,
Steve