[rescue] Cadmus 9200s in Estonia

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Tue Jun 27 00:22:27 CDT 2017

> Is the 9200 the one with a 68K CPU on a (DEC) QBUS backplane? I remember
> working with one of those in the 80's, porting the Whitesmiths C compiler
> and some criss-assemblers to run on it.

Yes. 68010, 10 MHz, and a custom RAM board that has direct connection to
CPU board with 2 ribbon cables for faster bus.

Most other cards seem to be just QBUS - most are labeled by PCS (makers
of Cadmus), disk controller is from Emulex.

Storage enclosure has one SMD/ST-506 disk and room for a removable media
device, most have QIC tape drives or nothing there. I have yet to
understand how and where the QIC drive needs to be connected.

For these who have asked for one, I do not promise anything yet.

Yesterday I got a bunch of manuals, no QIC tape other than new ones,
another Cadmus terminal (this time a rebranded Wyse) and a promise that
all the boxes are free to go. Additionally I found a front panel of a
Cadmus 9600 and got a hint that the 9600 might still be somewhere.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)