[rescue] Sun Blade 2500 OS options

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Mon Jun 12 23:37:20 CDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:06:38PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I have 10 through 10u11 already, and I can use it if need be.  I was
> asking what the situation was for Solaris 11.

Solaris 11 is available as part of the OTN license.

The most relevent part IMHO of the agreement you must agree to to download
the Solaris 11 bits as a hobbiest would be

"You may not -  use the Programs for your own internal business purposes (other than developing, testing, prototyping and demonstrating your applications) or for any commercial or production purposes; "

So, as long as you are hobbiest and you have three or less machines (a
newer restriction?), it seems fine to use it as long as you aren't
running business production on it. "testing" or "development" would be
closest to Hobbiest usage I'd think.

You also won't have access to the patches, but maybe once a year or so, a
new drop comes out.