[rescue] Sun Blade 2500 OS options

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 12:29:59 CDT 2017

On 10 June 2017 at 04:53, William Barnett-Lewis <wlewisiii at gmail.com>
wrote (in part):
> On Jun 10, 2017 02:14, "Jerry Kemp" <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote (in part):

> Don't remember off the top of my head what Sun's last Solaris 10 release
> was, but Solaris 10u11 from Oracle is a fine and stable release.

I run Solaris 10u13 on my SB2500.  One interesting difference from
previous releases is that the stuff in the companion disc (installed
in /opt/sfw) is now part of the release (installed in /usr/sfw).

> I'm a *BSD fan myself, but have never ran it on SPARC, someone else will
> need to chime in here.

OpenBSD runs fine.

I would be curious as to how running gimp works out.  It is included int u13.

N.