[rescue] Sun Blade 2500 OS options

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 20:16:01 CDT 2017

Ok, I have been out of the solaris loop since before the Oracle
disaster. My last system running solaris was a Sun Blade 100 and
Solaris 8. I'll soon be getting a one CPU Sun Blade 2500 Silver with
an XVR-600 framebuffer. I believe it has 1 or 2 gb currently and I
intend to drop an 8 gb kit into it shortly after I get it.

The real question is, which OS do I put on it?
Orace Solaris 11 - Newest?
Sun Solaris 10 - last from Sun?
OpenSolaris - Dead and buried?
Illumos - ?
OpenIndiana - ?
*BSD - ?

My current primary system is a Dell laptop running Xubuntu 16.04.4
LTS, the Sun is for fun & old times sake and if it's got adequete
perfomance, I'll probably use it as my GIMP machine for my photography
just because this dual core Celeron isn't all that hot either.

Thanks for any and all tips & advice.

William
--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.