[rescue] Desk-height DEC "half rack"?

John Francini francini at mac.com
Fri Jan 20 10:13:45 CST 2017

I concur with Lionel. Having personally ordered about 20 of those Dell
half-racks, I can vouch for their quality and durability.  We needed to use
them for QA testing on EqualLogic disk arrays, so we would set up the
half-rack on a home-build turntable made up of a 48b
 round Formica -covered
tabletop and a bolt-on lazy susan mechanism intended for attachment to large,
heavy pallet-sized objects.

The racks were (and likely still are, Ibm not there anymore) still in
service after 7 years, and have stayed straight and true even when loaded with
500-1000 pounds of gear.

john