[rescue] Desk-height DEC "half rack"?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jan 20 04:35:29 CST 2017

Ages and ages ago when I lived in Austin, I had a DEC "half rack" that was
basically meant for an LSI-based PDP-11 system.  It was approximately
desk-height (27-29" or so) and had a laminate top so you could use it as an
additional work surface.

Does anybody recognize/remember what I'm talking about?  If so, what was the
official DEC part name / description for this?  And most important, where can
I get one, or something very similar, nowdays?

I bought one of these from Amazon back in 2013, but as you can see from
my review it's garbage - holes not drilled properly, stuff didn't line up
even for assembly, and Amazon ended up giving me half of my money back.  I
can't even use it for rack-mount eqiupment at all.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MF4SKC

Bill

--
Bill Bradford