[rescue] IPX Boot Prom

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 17:11:15 CST 2017

Hi John

The part nos is normally on the PROM and will say something like 1177-03 etc.

If it is an early one such 1177-03 or earlier then yes would be useful as the
later ones have this annoying bug with the current NVRAMs available and would
be good to know which if any early versions do not have it.

Thanks

Peter

> On 16 Jan 2017, at 20:25, john <jferg977 at aol.com> wrote:
>
> I have an IPX with a dead power supply. I'm the original owner and I suspect
I bought it when they first surfaced. It hasn't run since 2003. Is the part
number for the Prom on the chip and if so, and if it is an early one, would it
REALLY be helpful if I bulled it out and dumped it to a file?