[rescue] Sources of IRIX?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Sat Feb 11 20:51:23 CST 2017

In article <0d538172-5703-5b56-1b02-f7967056f652 at doomd.net>,
    "Derrik Walker v2.0" <dwalker at doomd.net> writes:

> On 02/11/2017 05:56 PM, Richard wrote:
> > In article <0e6885e1-47de-9bda-7078-c6b25102cc43 at jones.ec>,
> >      Andrew Jones <andrew at jones.ec> writes:
> >
> >> Take my word for it: you never, ever, ever want to install IRIX software
> >> from CD-ROM.  It is a horrifying orgy of disk-swapping.
> > I've done it a bunch of times and it isn't as painful as you describe.
>
> Ever install Slackware off of Floppies?

No.  I trust bear's opinion and it sounds at least an order of
magnitude more annoying than what I did with my Octanes and blank SCSI
drives when I put them in working order a few years ago.  Yes, you
don't get everything from a single CD-ROM, but it wasn't some belly
crawl over broken glass for 5,000 yards either.

I'm not denying CD changes are needed, I'm simply saying it wasn't
nearly as painful in my experience as Andrew Jones described it.
            The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>