[rescue] Sources of IRIX?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Feb 9 15:31:09 CST 2017

In article <d7a4c7e1-7752-9deb-81d9-695402b0d6d0 at crash.com>,
    Steven M Jones <smj+rescue at crash.com> writes:

> A lot of the original SGI documentation was mirrored before they took
> down the old TechPubs webite last year. See
> http://techpubs.jurassic.nl/manuals/0650/admin/index.html for IRIX 6.5.

It's all mirrored and indexed on manx as well:
<http://manx-docs.org/search.php?cp=109&q=>

Unfortunately the guy who mirrored to jurassic.nl changed the
directory structure on everything, so there's no good programmatic way
to map his mirror into the database on manx.  I attempted to email him
about it but got no response.

> Those write-ups are good for using the CD images, but this will involve
> a lot of disc swapping.

The most important thing for using physical CDs is to have a CD-ROM
that supports 512 byte sectors or it won't work.  Plextor CD-ROM
drives support this and some Sun CD-ROM drives as well.

            The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>