[rescue] 3B2: power supply

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Dec 12 13:03:01 CST 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017, at 10:50, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> I wish I had an extra P/S for you, unfortunately, I do not.
>
> FWIW, an email directly to Seth, if you haven't already done so,
> regarding
> schematics is probably my best suggestion.

Poked him directly for PSU pinouts...also washed the faulty one to
restore consistency across the voltage rails (all dead now probably as
opposed to just one!) so it may be repairable.

> Since completing his 3b2 emulator project, is seems that Seth has been a
> wealth
> of information and documentation as of lately.  Either thru his own
> works, or
> from others feeding docs his way.

I have some 3B2 boards to send his way...I apparently have about 3 of
every board...friends with 3B2 stuff they want gone is useful ;)

> Another possible source, that is new, at least to me, is the "living
> computers"
> people.  Similar to what SDF used to provide, they have an online 3b2
> where you
> can get guest accounts, poke around.  Possible that they might have those
> resources also.

Ooh. They have a 3B2 now?

> Good luck on your repair.  I know an emulator is a long way from real HW,
> but
> just being able to get back on AT&T Unix has been very therapeutic for
> me.

My 3B1 at least works! Well, aside from not doing anything.