[rescue] Cray listing on E-bay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Dec 3 23:24:34 CST 2017

On 12/04/2017 12:14 AM, Bob Darlington wrote:
> There is no chance this system can work without disks with Cray firmware on
> them.  Hopefully it's in running condition.

  There's no firmware involved, and J90s aren't all that hard to get
running.  I've gotten several running over the years.  The OS
distributions (for both the IOS and the main processors) is not
difficult to find, and bootstrapping one from blank disks is easily
accomplished. (well, "easily" for a supercomputer...it's all relative)

> I suspect the bids are for the trailer.

  I doubt it.

              -Dave

--