[rescue] How to remove RA60 from rack?

John Hudak jjhudak at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 21:26:41 CDT 2016

You need to remove the side panels from the cabinet.  On the vertical steel
frame members, you will see where the slides bolt up to the vertical frame
members.
Attached is a manual that shows the details..see chapter 6, especially
figure 6-24.
To do this properly, you need 3 people (IMO): one person to remove the
mounting bolts, one person in the front to take the weight when the front
bolts are removed, and one person in the back to take the weight when the
back bolts are removed.
I've done this myself but it is a royal PITA as you must lift and position
the drive so that the slide brackets align with the mounting holes in the
vertical rails.  To do that, I used a series of wooden spacers and anything
I could find to space the top drive from the bottom drive.
If you are putting them into an empty cabinet, put the bottom one in first,
and you will need quite a bit of spacer height - this is where the two
addnl ppl really help.  Once you got the bottom one in, the rest of the
drives stack (with the spacers pretty easily (once you get the drive lifted
and put in tthe rack.
Good luck.
John