[rescue] How to remove RA60 from rack?

Barry Keeney barryk at chaoscon.com
Sun Oct 16 23:04:35 CDT 2016

   Been a few years since I last worked on a VAX with RA drives,
(about 9 years, at work)...

   But if I remember correctly you can remove the disk packs out
of the case and thats about half the weight. This should make
things much easier to deal with.

   Most of the disk failures I had to deal with, the service
guy and I would just replace the disk packs, the logic and
the rest worked just fine. I think I replace about 5 drives
in the 3-5 years at my current job when they still had a Vax.

   Last time I admit I know Vax, VMS or for that matter Cobal!