[rescue] easy way to boot disks with an add on SCSI card?

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 16:31:47 CDT 2016

Hi Clifford

It would be good as start to understand which system you are talking about?

As to booting Solaris from any supported SCSI interface, it is normally
possible, though as others have said you may have to ideally setup a devalias
or setenv the boot path using the actual path rather than an alias.

If I remember correctly you use the command something like

disks

Select the device path to use with ^Y and then add the disk and partition you
want.

Peter

> On 28 Mar 2016, at 18:51, CLIFFORD HAIGHT <klemish at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there any easy way to boot disks that are attached to a SCSI add on
card?
> I have tried to install OS on the disk in my Sun 611 enclosure but it just
> doesn't seem to work.
> Boot into other OS on the built in interface is easy I just say boot
disk1:a
> or disk3:a
> I've have issues trying to boot Solaris on internal, target 2 disk 2 but
BSD