[rescue] Looking to buy functioning Hayes Chronograph

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Mar 3 16:26:44 CST 2016

" From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
"
" On 03/03/2016 12:59 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > cq cq cq de ka1eeb...  btw i'm a tech [the old-style code sort] but
" > kept my novice call b/c of the chance a new tech call would actually
" > be longer to key.
"
"   KA1EEB DE AK4HZ K

ak4hz de ka1eeb qsl

"   Yeah, those Es in your call, nice and short!

i was 1st in my class to get a ticket; my buddy got eec.  the 4th guy
really lucked out - except he'd have to be careful he didn't sound
like ka1s...

" > i've been off the air for longer than i care to think.  really oughta
" > dust my old 2m off...
"
"   I have the same problem.  I was a real (not no-code) Tech for years
" starting from when I was a kid, but that expired.  I studied hard during
" a period of worklessness and re-upped about five years ago, going from
" nothing to an Extra (AK4HZ) in one sitting, I was proud of that!  But
" this unfortunate eating habit means that my ham gear sits powered off
" pretty much all the time.

i went for advanced iirc but while i aced the 5wpm i couldn't quite
scrape the 13wpm code.  i was a freshly minted ee then; code was the
hard part.

yeah, that pesky food and heat and power...

"   My new building has a 6,000 square foot flat roof.  I'm having
" thoughts. B-)

tennis courts?