[rescue] Looking to buy functioning Hayes Chronograph

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Mar 3 12:29:18 CST 2016

On 03/03/2016 12:59 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> cq cq cq de ka1eeb...  btw i'm a tech [the old-style code sort] but
> kept my novice call b/c of the chance a new tech call would actually
> be longer to key.

  KA1EEB DE AK4HZ K

  Yeah, those Es in your call, nice and short!

> i've been off the air for longer than i care to think.  really oughta
> dust my old 2m off...

  I have the same problem.  I was a real (not no-code) Tech for years
starting from when I was a kid, but that expired.  I studied hard during
a period of worklessness and re-upped about five years ago, going from
nothing to an Extra (AK4HZ) in one sitting, I was proud of that!  But
this unfortunate eating habit means that my ham gear sits powered off
pretty much all the time.

  My new building has a 6,000 square foot flat roof.  I'm having
thoughts. B-)

              73s,
              -Dave

--