[rescue] Sun T5240 power supply failure?

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 01:51:00 CST 2016

Hi Arno

The PPS (Peripheral Power Supply) on the E3X00 was always a a weak point, had
several which just packed up. The E3X00 was always hard to find a replacement
for, but I found that the E4X00 was exactly the same PSU, you just need to
transfer the front plate and switch assembly over from the dead one. The E4X00
were always plentiful, maybe not so nowadays.

Peter
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services
Mbl: 07977 532320