[rescue] Arduino Rants WAS: a thread I cared about; Re: Tektronix 4051 software?

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 11:43:41 CDT 2016

Arduino is an overloaded term.

I personally like being able to walk into a coffee shop near me and buy an
"Arduino Due" for $30 which is actually just an ATMEL SAM ARM Cortex M3
development board.

I don't have to use Arduino's WIRING sdk. Even from within their tools, I
can include real C & C++ files- it's all just arm-gcc on the backend.

Or I can do away with their crappy IDE entirely and use arm-gcc and
OpenOCD. Would you flunk me in your class for doing that?

Arduino is not necessarily an SDK- it's also a supported hardware class.I
don't miss having to pay $200 for shitty arm development boards.

- I