[rescue] 1920x1080 on LCD with a TGX+ :-) (was: Re: FB resolution in PROM)

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sat Feb 27 21:00:21 CST 2016

> Assuming that you're using analogue video signalling maybe all you
> need to do is going into the monitor's advanced settings menu (if it
> has one; you might need to reach for a service manual) [...].

> So I had to go into the advanced settings menu, only available by
> keeping one of the monitor's control buttons depressed while powering
> the device on and not documented with the enclosed hardcopy manual.

Oh, lovely.  Under-documentation.

Any idea where to get such missing documentation, in general?

I have two monitors in routine use at home, an Acer AL1706 A and an
Asus VH236H.  The former, I find holding down the AUTO button while
doing a (soft) power-on makes the power LED come on amber rather than
green, and the OSD (a) appears in an unusual location and (b) has extra
menu options (none as nice as what you describe, though).  The Asus
doesn't power on if I have any single one of the other buttons pressed
when I press the (soft) power button; I haven't tried any of the 26
possible multi-button combinations, nor have I tried hard power-cycles.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org