[rescue] 1920x1080 on LCD with a TGX+ :-)

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sat Feb 27 13:45:53 CST 2016

> I just had a thought. On a PC graphics card, 1920x1080 and 1920x1200
> would typically be "reduced blanking" modes, intended only for use
> with LCDs.

> I wonder if I could persuade the Sun to output something similar, and
> have my monitor pick it up as 16:9 / 16:10.

Quite possibly.  Your wording sounds as though you may not have read my
2008 note about how to get custom resolutions out of Sun framebuffers.
(In my case, it was mostly for the cg14, but with some minor
adjustments I believe it should also work for the cg6.)

ftp.rodents-montreal.org:/mouse/docs/Sun/custom-resolutions.txt has a
copy.  It should also be in the list archives, but I don't know of any
interface to that that (a) isn't Web and (b) doesn't mangle the text
(it looks to me like an email address obfuscator misfiring).  If you
want to have a look at that version anyway,
http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/rescue/2008-August/124772.html is the
place to check.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign