[rescue] SCSI2SD formatting

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Feb 19 16:42:01 CST 2016

On 02/19/2016 01:47 PM, CLIFFORD HAIGHT wrote:
> I picked one of these up after buy some larger scsi drive and having them not
> last long....
> As I understand SunOS has limitation of 2GB per partition but the root
> partition must be 1 gb and first.

  I respectfully submit that you give real hard drives another look.  I
routinely put 15+ year old SCSI drives in machines and I cannot recall
the last time I had one fail.  This is not one or two...I'm running
about twenty now.  With the wear specs on the flash chips in SD cards,
the drives will likely last a whole lot longer in a workstation
configuration where the drives are getting hit hard. (as opposed to a
data logger in a Raspberry Pi or something like that)

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA