[rescue] Sparc 1000/1000E key anyone? - Please read again!

Skeezics Boondoggle skeezicsb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:05:57 CST 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Peter Stokes wrote:

> Just trying to sort out a system for the Jim Austin collection
> (http://www.computermuseum.org.uk) and despite having a box of Sun keys,
> the
> 1000 has a different one to the later systems from what I can tell.

[reposting here if the direct reply was lost...]

Hi, Peter --

I found that the Sun/StorageTek L1000 (aka Quantum/ATL P1000) tape library
uses the same key as the SS1000.  I wonder if Sun did that on purpose, or
if two separate companies, ten or so years apart, just happened to use the
same locking mechanism?

Not sure this is terribly helpful, but I mention it on the off chance that
someone with an old DLT library gathering dust in the corner could donate a
key to your efforts.  I can root through my old box o' keys and see if I
can dig up a spare if nobody geographically closer can come through...

-- Chris