[rescue] newest rescue (failure/success/failure)

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Tue Feb 9 10:41:57 CST 2016

Hey Walter;

I'm late to the party - blizzard weather here in Iowa - and a lot of my
points have been mentioned already, however I started 'collecting'
with a pair of 4/470s so I know _exactly_ what you're seeing.

My method to success was:
Spray the bus contacts with a CRC electrical contact cleaner.
Firmly seat all cards (I tended to slot them in almost all the way, and
then kind of slam them that last two inches... I was only in my teens and
a little rough then).

Finally: I would power the unit on and just _leave_ it running its
infinite memory tests, ignoring all of it's errors. After 30-60 minutes of
running I'd do a reset to the CPU and it would come up just fine.

These are machines that aren't designed to be powered down, so I think
having it warm and cozy seems to do wonders for their reliability.

  - JP