[rescue] newest rescue (failure/success/failure)

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Sat Feb 6 16:54:26 CST 2016

On 2016/02/06 14:46, John Hudak wrote:
> If you are really brave....
> In the bad old days when we made our own boards, after the wave solder
> machine, put the boards in a dishwasher,

We used to have a dedicated dishwasher in the manufacturing area for the
low-current ammeter cards, in an automated chip tester, which were made
out of polysulfone.  At the currents this thing could measure, both
regular fiberglass circuit boards and fingerprint oil were conductors.
I recall a 10 femtoampere range.  Lots of fun, that outfit.

At another outfit we borrowed the lunchroom's dishwasher, one time, for
a bunch of ADM-1A and ADM-3 terminal main boards that came in from the
field from locations downwind of Mount St. Helens (1980: look it up).
Worked a treat!