[rescue] New SPARCStation 10 owner, needs help with some issues though.

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Fri Feb 5 12:53:23 CST 2016

> Figures I would pick the one that needed special drivers...

The qec should work OoB with NetBSD or Solaris from 2.3/2.4 to 2.6
inclusive... not that it helps if you really want Sol7 or SunOS 4.

For 4.1.4, you should have the kernel objects and headers somewhere on the
system (haven't rebuilt a SunOS kernel in 2 decades, so my memory is a bit
fuzzy, but I think it's /sys). Perhaps the driver is present but not built
into the kernel. The "you need special software" bit only mentions 4.1.3.
Look for file(s) with name ending in "qec.o" or "qec.h" under /sys. Or you
will need to find someone with a copy of the qec software, and that's not
going to be easy :-(

Good luck & cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau