[rescue] New SPARCStation 10 owner, needs help with some issues though.

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Thu Feb 4 16:37:44 CST 2016

On 02/04/16 17:29, Peter Stokes wrote:
> Hi
>
> No, that address should be fine, forget the barcode not really required.
>
> I think you need to have play with different hub if you get no further with
> your switch. As mentioned some switches do not play well with some of the Sun
> systems, recently had a case with V880 which would not work at any
> speed/fdx/hdx with a switch, changed switch type and all was well.

The funny thing that I've seen sometimes is you plug a Sun into some
high-end Cisco or Juniper managed switch and you just cannot get it to
sync up with a full-speed FDX connection no matter what you do, then you
plug the same interface via the same cable into a dumb unmanaged Netgear
switch or something like that, and it Just Works on the first try.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net