[rescue] Linux wet paint, was Re: Spark10 CPU question (must fix - SPARC damnit :-) )

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:59:29 CST 2016

On 22 December 2016 at 19:48, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>   Wow.  Dunno what you're doing with your phone, but I see no such
> issues, stock load on a Samsung S5, and CyanogenMod on two Nexus 10s,
> all updated to current.  I haven't rebooted in order to solve a problem
> in probably two years, and I'm one of those guys who is GLUED to my
> phone/tablet devices during every waking hour.

My current one is an iRulu Victory v3, a cheapo Chinese phablet. Quad
core, Android 5.1, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB Flash + 64 GB B5SD.

It runs Chrome (which crashes half a dozen times a day, the 1st phone
I've had that problem on), Facebook, Twitter, a Reddit client, Gmail,
Telegram, Whatsapp, Signal, FB Messenger, Skype, Swarm -- OK, I lied,
that's kind of a game -- Untappd, Keep, and dozens of specific app
clients -- half a dozen airlines, 3 banks, 2 taxi services, 2 mapping
services, etc. etc.

Quite a lot of apps, which is why I had to reluctantly abandon Blackberry.
:-(

In terms of stability, Android 2 was OK. Android 4 was poor. Android 5
is terrible. It rarely locks up or freezes -- only monthly if that --
but it slows down until it takes 2-3min to open an app and 30 sec to
type a word in extremis.

--
Liam Proven b" Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk b" Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven b" Skype/LinkedIn/AIM/Yahoo: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 b" DR/WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal: +420 702 829 053