[rescue] bracket for sun f20 card?

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Thu Dec 22 12:28:34 CST 2016

> Is that the twinax copper? These are a pain to route and super heavy. I've
> built my data science cluster using those infiniband QDR cables: cable
> management arms are pretty much required.

Yup, CX4 a.k.a. SFF-8470, also used for 4x SAS and some 10 GbE.

But this is for direct connection between two systems, no switches, so
the single cable is not too much of a bother. And it's a lot more fun
(and perhaps even a lot faster :-) than iscsi over GbE to export a
zvol to a VM from one machine to the other. And a lot cheaper than
10GbE, since DDR (and QDR) IB is completely obsolete by now despite
the 20/40 Gbits. Too bad FDR (let alone EDR) is mostly fiber on
full-custom systems, there probably won't be many PCIe HCA to salvage
:-(

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau