[rescue] iAPX-432, was Re: sparc10 cpu - what to do.

John Hudak jjhudak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:02:48 CST 2016

yea, ditto on equating the machine to the application.  I used to not
acknowledge big iron from IBM because it seemed they were peddled to banks
and accounting firms that were primarily a ....cough...cough....COBAL
shops. I mean, how can you embed a 'COBOL' machine on an aircraft????
 It wasn't till I started on my HW arch path and learning the cool tricks
IBM and CDC pulled to make execution go faster....e.g. scoreboarding,
Tomasulu algorithm, initial attempts at extracting and supporting in hw
ILP....neat stuff...(too bad it was wasted on COBOL..lol j/k)