[rescue] VAX 11/750s - Re: Linux wet paint, was Re: Spark10 CPU question (must fix - SPARC damnit :-) )

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:10:28 CST 2016

On 12/19/16 7:47 PM, John Hudak wrote:

> very nice!...am jealous!
> how much did the 11/45 go for?
> dismantling...oh, the pain!!!!!

IIRC, there were two of them (the smaller of which I barely got outbid
on).  One went for about $1600, the other (larger one -- two racks'
worth) for $3000.  Plus something like a an 18% auction fee and whatever
shipping came to.  So, not an incredible deal, even by eBay standards...

(I missed out on the 11/45, but got a TI 980B as a consolation prize
which is fun.  There was a lot of good stuff for auction, wish I had
more money/time/space...)

- Josh