[rescue] SS10 SCSI Controller

eddie_cottongim eddie_cottongim at cox.net
Sun Dec 18 00:20:56 CST 2016

A belated update here, I think the SCSI controller really did die. The
machine would occasionally work for several days, then lose disk access
for weeks. After swapping out everything possible with no improvement, I
put my SCSI2SD in a SPARCStation 20 I acquired in the meantime and it has
worked fine since. (I used the CDROM connector.. haven't figured out what
to do with the SCA connectors).

A sign I should have paid more attention to was ESP related warnings from
the Linux kernel on every disk access -  I don't remember the text now,
though they seemed to cause no harm at the time and I didn't make a
connection at the time that the controller itself was in trouble.

Hopefully I'll be able to swap the SS10's motherboard out at some point
and get that machine usable again.

Eddie

  On August 7, 2016 at 12:34 AM eddie_cottongim eddie_cottongim