[rescue] sparc10 cpu - what to do.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Dec 16 11:36:54 CST 2016

On 12/16/2016 09:55 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> nb. if you can scare up a copy of disksuite for sunos you'll be free
> of this limit.

  I have a copy of Disksuite if anyone needs it.

> for 4.1.4 you'll have to hack the installer though, as
> the installer test doesn't include it.

  For Disksuite?  I've always installed it after the OS.

> i don't know that mismatched cpus *won't* work, but the kernel can
> only divide tasks equally between them, meaning the faster speed will
> be wasted at best.
>
> i don't think you actually have to match p/n, just speed and cache.

  If memory serves, and it may not, I believe mismatched processors work
fine IF they have caches, i.e. the SM-x1 modules.  The SM-x0 modules,
sans cache, don't work.  I may be wrong about this but I'm pretty sure
that's what I remember from way back.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ