[rescue] Spark10 CPU question

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Dec 15 12:34:09 CST 2016

" From: Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
"
" On 12/15/2016 07:08 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
"
" > they had a few u10s and solaris copies of all their s/w.  i spent
" > about a month getting a grip on their setup and customizing a
" > jumpstart configuration.  when it was ready, i asked them to take a
" > long lunch one friday and jumpstarted all the machines.  they came
" > back, logged into their new solaris environments, and went right back
" > to work.
" >
" > that was 2.6, and no harm that they waited.
"
"   Yes. :-)  Awesome upgrade execution, BTW!

thanks!  like i said, i felt pretty clever on that job, not to mention
relieved that it actually went so smoothly.

ps. anecdote - my ex-boss told me a few weeks later that one of the
u10s fell over a nasty little hardware bug that not even a reboot or
powercycle would clear, and after fussing with it for about a half
hour he said screw it and re-jumpstarted.  done in 15m and presto!

iirc sun issued the fix not more than two weeks after that.