[rescue] [geeks] Solaris being discontinued? Rumors flying

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Mon Dec 5 05:22:14 CST 2016

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 08:32:12AM +0200, Jonathan Groll wrote:
> My main problem with Mint is that they're a bit hit-and-miss with
> dist-upgrade - for the bigger upgrades, they tell you to wipe clean
> and reinstall, don't they? May as well just run Debian, where all the
> good hardware support comes from anyway and where you can keep on
> upgrading without reinstalling for years...

True.  I usually upgrade systems that way anyway: I keep track of my
build procedure and just re-apply it on the newly-installed system.
But yeah, for anybody who doesn't operate that way, this is an
occasional hassle.  I should also mention that Mint uses web forums (urgh)
as opposed to mailing lists, which are ridiculously better.

---rsk