[rescue] [geeks] Solaris being discontinued? Rumors flying

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Dec 3 15:37:34 CST 2016

  I dunno about that.  On the few servers on which I run Linux, I run
Ubuntu Server.  Nothing new enough for that systemd foolishness, which
will probably make me dump it (just like the Unity foolishness made me
dump Ubuntu Desktop several years ago...idiots), and I'm not sure what
I'll move to, but for now it works great.

  And no, I don't have any desire to run Windows or MacOS.  I don't
touch either of them with a ten-foot pole.

              -Dave

On 12/03/2016 02:54 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I like that - it feels about right. Kinda like ordering a tattoo from a
> catalog to show you are a 'rebel'.
>
> Lionel
>
>> On Dec 3, 2016, at 10:58 AM, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net> wrote:
>>
>> Honestly, I wouldn't touch Ubuntu with a ten-foot pole.  ... I think of it
> as the Linux distribution for people
>> who would secretly - or not so secretly - rather be running Windows or
>> MacOS.

Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA