[rescue] beige Sun Blade 2500

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Fri Aug 26 17:57:43 CDT 2016

On 08/26/2016 09:58 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> That's an awfully beefy print server, did it do any 'render engine' type
> work?

I have seen a Solaris x86 box packaged with a multi-million dollar Xerox
system.  It acted as the print spooler / queue manager for the system.

I  don't know if they actually needed that much power, or if the couple
of grand for a beefy x86 system was just rounding error on the overall
price of the system.

I assume these beige SPARC boxes came from the previous generation of
Xeroix printers.