[rescue] Replacement NVRAM/clock for SS5, success

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Sun Sep 27 11:36:53 CDT 2015

Hello

If anyone is looking for a replacement NVRAM for a sun4m (in my case, a
SPARCstation 5 110 MHz), I can confirm a working replacement is the
M48T08-100PC1 that I recently bought from mouser (sorry, french site):

<
http://www.mouser.fr/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=M48T08-100PC1virtualkey51120000virtualkey511-M48T0810PC1

They are quite expensive but they work (but then, it's basically the same
chip...) As far as I can tell, it posts fine and does everything it is
supposed to. I can even stop the clock as per the instructions in the FAQ
modified for the sun4m, so the battery might last a bit longer.

I have 6 hexadecimal digits on the original chip, I've decided they were
the original digits for the hostid/mac because it's esaier than making one
up :-)

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau