[rescue] Sun 4/110 mainboard ejector?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Sep 14 18:14:56 CDT 2015

On 09/14/2015 05:22 PM, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> That's very kind of you. However, your stock will run out eventually, and
> it could get expensive since I'm probably on the wrong side of the
> Atlantic. So a plan B like a printable replacement would still be a good
> thing I believe.

  Vince Slyngstad and possibly others have been busily designing
replacement plastic parts for DEC machine, but nothing else yet.  Things
like PDP-8 and PDP-11 switch handles, etc.

  I have somewhat of a too-intimate knowledge of how the Sun VME
ejectors behave.  I'm quite certain neither an ABS nor a PLA printed
part will withstand that much pressure.

                   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ