[rescue] 68-pin SCSI drives needed

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 10:44:24 CST 2015

A 300 GB 68 pin SCSI drive? I've not seen any that size in a long time, and if
found on the surplus market would likely be ancient pulls from DAS/NAS and I'd
have doubts about their remaining life... Of course, it's not unheard of for
ancient 'cold spares' to pop-up for sale, drives that were never even plugged
in but kept on-hand in case they were needed.

Good luck in your quest, I too wonder if an adapter for more modern drives
might be better? A SATA <-> 68 pin SCSI adapter would be great, but I'm
certain they don't exist... Oh, wait:

http://www.amazon.com/ACARD-ARS-2160-Ultra-Bridge-Drive/dp/B001EHBSHM

http://www.pc-pitstop.com/scsi_ide_adapters/aec7730a.asp

They just aren't affordable... But, if you want to add gobs of of storage then
two mirrored adapters and 2 TB SATA drives could be a viable option...

Lionel

Ken