[rescue] Solaris IPv6 && Solaris 8 WAS::::::::::::::: Re: SS10 Accessories

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Sun Nov 15 22:28:54 CST 2015

Jumping into this discussion a little late.

Solaris 7 & 8 had IPv6.  As part of the OS.  I still have archived email
correspondence dating back into the late 1990's from the Sun IPv6 users mailing
list ( sun-ipv6-users at sunroof.eng.sun.com ) discussing IPv6 issues on Solaris 7.

Also, I had always understood that IPv6 support on Solaris proper began with
Solaris 2.6, and I was prepared to post that, based on memory from packages I
used from playground.sun.com.   I went out to the Wayback Machine to document
thing, (you know how memories are :(  ), and I discovered that the IPv6 protocol
stack was available from download for usage on Solaris as early as version 2.5.
   Documented here:

<https://web.archive.org/web/19970502111447/http://playground.sun.com/pub/solaris2-ipv6/html/solaris2-ipv6.html>

Shifting gears.... Solaris 8-->Solaris 9.   I'm sure we gained something, aside
from some new hardware drivers.  Seems like the SMC GUI may have been enhanced.

All I really recall in specific, was that we lost Openwin/Openlook, leaving only
CDE.

Jerry