[rescue] SS10 Accessories

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Sun Nov 15 04:48:09 CST 2015

> I always thought of 9 as 8 with subtle improvements.  In particular on
> SS20s and U1s I definitely liked 9 over 8 for being easier to get
> configured the way I wanted and never noticed a performance drop off.
> I speak subjectively there though, I never tried benchmarking both ways.

Neither did I I confess. Combinations of hearsay and the size of the
thing, I end up usually putting 8. And they dropped those nice 1000,
1000E and 2000 from 9 :-( Also, driver compatibility - e.g. the RasterFlex
HR works in 7, is supposed to in 8 (I really should try) but not in 9
(idem).

I suppose it boils really down to what the OP wants to do with the 10
and what Solaris he has access to.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau