[rescue] IBM System/32 at a Scrapper Near Los Angeles

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Nov 10 22:35:13 CST 2015

On 11/10/2015 10:33 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2015, Jonathan Patschke wrote:
>
>> I ran across this post today while waiting for GCC to build:
>>

>> http://www.nf6x.net/2015/11/ibm-system32-at-the-local-electronics-recycler/
>>

>> Dave's been hacking on IBM boxes from this vintage; maybe he can speak to
>> how complete the photos make the system look.
>>

> I might know someone going to/from LA soon and I could probably store it
> at work temporarily...wouldn't be the weirdest thing someone's kept.

  I've been trying to get a deal made to get that machine for days now,
can't get a response back.  I have a System/32 here, but with severe
rodent and other damage...would very much like to have another, even for
parts.  These machines are very high on the "must have" list here.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA