[rescue] Long shot: looking to purchase a Tadpole Alphabook

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:19:02 CST 2015

Thanks for the lead, Mr. Bill.

Last time I spoke to him he wanted about $20,000 for one which I think is
perhaps just a little excessive.

The last two that hit eBay a year or two ago went for about $1,500. I was
going to offer above this, but certainly not greater than an order of
magnitude.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 1, 2015, at 23:56, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 31, 2015 at 03:36:22PM -0700, Ian Finder wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> Just what it says in the title- I'm looking for one of these after missing
out
>> on an eBay auction a while ago.
>> I have the other Tadpoles in the series (N40, P1000, SparcBook 3* series)
and
>> not only would like to round out the set, but would also like to run Tru64
>> UNIX and OpenGenera 2 on it.
>> I will make a very reasonable offer for one.
>> Thanks,
>> - Ian
>
> Ian,
>
> My former employer (and all around good guy) Tim Naple most likely has a
few:

> http://www.portableunix.com/

http://www.portableunix.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products
_id=14