[rescue] RPi vs SS20 benchmarks (interesting)

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 07:31:15 CST 2015

On 29 December 2015 at 16:43,  <microcode at zoho.com> wrote:

> No, OpenBSD has stated in no uncertain terms they will never run on the Pi.
> They do have some ARM support but I am not sure what shape it is in.

I apologise, you are correct. I don't know where I got that idea from.
Perhaps I was thinking of Plan 9.

>> My personal recent interest would be Oberon on the Pi -- or possibly
>> AOS/Bluebottle, at least on the Pi 2.
>
> There is a new Oberon box. It's not cheap but it is interesting.
>
> http://oberonstation.x10.mx/

Indeed. I have argued that Oberon for the Raspberry Pi would be a
better educational tool than Linux:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/02/pi_versus_oberton/

--
Liam Proven b" Profile: http://lproven.livejournal.com/profile