[rescue] RPi vs SS20 benchmarks (interesting)

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Tue Dec 29 23:58:46 CST 2015

On 12/29/15 11:40 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On 12/30/2015 12:36 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:

>> It matters when it comes to having support built into the mainline
>> kernel and bootloader, instead of having a "Well, it works with
>> *relatively* recent kernels, honest" disclaimer and not being able to
>> boot from ZFS.
>
>    Ahh, booting from ZFS is a different matter entirely.  There are even
> restrictions on that in Solaris!
>
>                  -Dave

Can you go into more depth on your comments on ZFS booting restrictions.  I know
Solaris 10u8 thru 10u11 can boot off of a stand-alone or SAN disk with an rpool,
and also a mirrored rpool.

But pretty much of that all went away with Solaris 11, allowing for booting thru
ZFS under various RAID types.

Or, are you referring to ZFS booting on something other than Solaris?

Jerry